Home Forums JAM! Action Ideas JAM! T-Shirt

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    John
    Keymaster

JAM! currently has a T-Shirt – the orange one with JAM! logos front and back. I think this is a great shirt for ‘members’ to wear at events etc. to promote JAM! and for others to see who we are.

I would like us to consider creating another shirt for general distribution and to fundraise for First Nations organisation/s.

This would be a collaborative T-Shirt project with a First Nations artist/s and convey the notion of “I am the land, the land is me”. I would like this phrase on the shirt and imagery reflecting this notion. I’m not clear on the protocol for this sort of collaboration. Previous experience with this phrase and gaining First Nations approval of a ‘language version’ i.e. nga wokka, wokka nganan (maori and various First Nations?) – ran into a dispute between clans about who had authority to grant permission for use of language. Perhaps we could approach Moondani Balluk staff to clarify protocols if we do or don’t use ‘language’.

The JAM! logo could be incorporated – perhaps at the nape of the neck.

Availability and Costs
    The T-Shirt would be available at events or through our website/3rd party. The cost would be enough to cover production and a donation to be passed on to a nominated First Nations organisation/s.

Colours and sizes
    The artwork must be clearly reproducible across a range of colours and sizes of T-Shirts.

Ordering / Payment / Storage
    If available online, we’ll need to establish a payment system or use a 3rd party distributor.
    We would need some accessible storage space.
    Postage/delivery costs need to be recovered.
    Could be available through local outlets.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Acknowledgement of Country

JAM! meets and works in ‘Mirring-gnay-bir-nong’ (Maribyrnong), which can translate as ‘I can hear a ringtail possum’, on the stolen lands of the Bunurong/Boonwurrung and Wurundjeri/Woiwurrung of the Kulin Nation. We acknowledge, recognise and respect their Ancestors, Elders and families as the traditional owners of this land who have never ceded sovereignty.

Warning – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, please be aware that this website may contain images, voices and names of deceased persons.

Support – If you require support, please contact 13 9276 (YARN) or The Healing Foundation.

Scroll to Top